The United Way/Centraide of Stormont Dundas and Glengarry invests in programs that have a wide range of impact. These programs support thousands of local residents, helping them when they need it most.
All funding is distributed to programs and services that fit within the United Way’s three Community Impact Areas:
Helping Kids Be All That They Can Be
- Improving access to early childhood learning and development programs.
- Helping kids do well at school and complete high school.
- Making the healthy transition into adulthood and post-secondary education.
Building Healthy People and Strong Communities
- Improving access to social and health-related support services.
- Supporting resident and community engagement.
- Supporting community integration and settlement.
Moving People from Poverty to Possibility
- Improving access to social and health related support services and support community integration.
- Helping individuals meet basic human needs (Ex. Food, shelter, jobs).