Are you a youth living in Cornwall, Akwesasne or the counties of Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry? Do you have a great idea for a project that would help other youth in your community?
Need up to $1,500 to make it happen? Apply for a Youth Investing in Communities Grant today!
United Way Centraide Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry wants to fund great ideas from youth looking to make positive change in the community!
What kind of youth projects are we looking for?
- New, unique projects
- Projects that aim to improve the lives of youth or make the community better
- Projects with youth working together
- Projects that help highlight youth issues/concerns and ideas
- Projects that take place in Cornwall, Akwesasne or SDG
What are some project ideas?
Events, workshops, guest speakers, multi-media presentations, musical acts, art displays, skill development/training, collective brainstorming, discussions on tough topics and so much more!
To apply, what do I need?
- A Lead Youth Applicant who is between the ages of 12-24
- An Adult Trustee (age 25+) who can support your project, help you handle the grant money and complete a final report
- A project that is: planned and implemented by youth, that helps other youth get involved and benefits the community; legal and safe; and open, unbiased and accessible to ALL youth in the community
- To know what you want to see happen because of your project (outcomes!)
What can we use the money for?
- Direct programming (resources. Guest speakers, thank you gifts, non-cash prizes)
- Project materials (photocopying, food, promotions)
- Equipment (short-term rental) and facility rentals
What can’t we use the money for?
- Cash prizes
- Staff salaries, benefits, administrative costs
- Office space rental
- Fundraising projects
- Funding for individual or group travel
- Projects that are not lead and run by youth
When can I apply?
Between October 23, 2023 and the deadline of November 24, 2023
What happens after I apply?
October: our team reviews your application and reaches out if they have any questions.
November: our YIC Grant Review Committee reviews your application and will let you know if you are successful.
If I get funding, what will I have to do?
- Sign a funding agreement (and have your Adult Trustee do the same). Once we get your signed agreement, we will send your Adult Trustee’s organization 90% of the funds.
- Have a great time planning and running your project! Keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you need any help!
- Spend the grant money by May 31st. Return any un-used money by June 15th.
- Let us know how the project went by completing a final report. Once we have reviewed and approved your report, we will send the final 10% of grant money to your Adult Trustee.
Reach out to Jan Vesna, Community Investment Coordinator, with any questions, concerns or ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org