About United Way SD&G
The United Way of Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry is governed by a local Board of Directors, who, with other volunteers and staff, help to build caring communities and respond to a broad range of human needs. It provides direct financial support to agencies, programs and services within the three counties.
Funds raised in the community stay in Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry.
To create opportunities for a better life for everyone in our communities through our three priority areas:
From poverty to possibility
- Moving people out of poverty
- Meeting basic human needs (Ex. Food, shelter, jobs)
Health people, strong communities
- Improving access to social and health-related support services
- Supporting resident and community engagement
- Supporting community integration and settlement
All that kids can be
- Improving access to early childhood learning and development programs
- Helping kids do well at school and complete high school
- Making the healthy transition into adulthood and post-secondary education
We do this by
- Engaging and mobilizing community through dollars, influence, time, knowledge and action.
- Addressing underlying causes
- Strengthening capacity of non-profits and community
- Influencing public attitudes, systems and policies