The United Way/Centraide of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization. Candidate will have the ability to help identify community challenges and deliver viable funding solutions, with measurable community impact-driven results, to create positive change in S.D&G.
The United Way/Centraide of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry is governed by a local Board of Directors. The Board, along with volunteers and staff, help build caring communities and respond to a broad range of human needs by providing direct financial support to agencies, programs, and services within the three counties. Our goal is to create a safe, inclusive, and caring community by focusing on three priority areas: moving individuals from “poverty to possibility”, creating “healthy people and strong communities”, and providing support to children to give them the encouragement and resources to become “all that they can be”.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director ensures that the organization’s mission, values, goals, and objectives are met. As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for the effective day-to-day operations of the organization’s programs and services. A dynamic team that includes a Bookkeeper and a Campaign and Communication Coordinator will support the Executive Director.
The role will span several areas of responsibility, including but not limited to:
Oversight of the Organization:
- Responsible for leading the United Way/Centraide of S.D&G in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the strategic plan and the Board of Directors
- Effectively communicate with the Board of Directors and provide the information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Monitor every aspect of the campaign: recruitment, solicitation, achieving targets
- With the assistance of an Event Coordinator; manage fundraising events and programs
- Prepare grant submissions and funding proposals
- Organize the annual AGM
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the organization
- Build strong relationships with community organizations, partners, and leaders
- Establish and maintain relationships within the United Way network
- Establish and enforce employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for day-to-day operations. This includes: human resource duties, recruitment, training, and supervision of staff and volunteers
- Provide annual evaluation to employees
Oversight of Financial Management and Organizational Compliance:
- With the assistance of the Bookkeeper, prepare an annual budget
- Control expenditures to remain within the approved budget
- Oversee and follow fiscal procedures and investment policies established by the Board and its bylaws
- Oversee monthly financial reports provided by the Bookkeeper
- Oversee the annual audit
- Oversee the distribution of annual funding through the allocations process for local agencies and services
- Maintain the annual membership requirements with United Way Canada
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in business management, marketing communications or equivalent workplace experience will be considered
- Previous management experience, including leading a team and managing employees
- Proven success in fundraising and networking; including knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the not-for-profit sector
- A demonstrated ability to connect with people and foster strong relationships
- Excellent communication, public relations, and strong presentation skills
- A well-developed ability to create buy-in and gain acceptance for your ideas
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and accounting software
- Previous not-for-profit/Board experience would be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s permit and access to a reliable automobile
In addition to the above requirements, you must be able to work a flexible schedule (including some evenings and weekends) and are prepared to work extra hours, as required.
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge, and think you have what it takes to succeed and grow with the United Way of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry we encourage you to apply today. Please forward your resume and cover letter to the President, Andrew Donihee, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together, we are possibility.
The deadline to receive your application is February 22, 2019.