|Job Title: Fundraiser (Summer Student)|
|Reports to: Executive Director||Type: Casual|
The Fundraiser reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing support to the Campaign and Communication Coordinator in the area of fundraising, donor development, and event planning so as to assist the United Way/Centraide Stormont Dundas & Glengarry (UWC SDG) meet organizational objectives.
The successful candidate will have a high comfort level in calling and emailing donors, as well as contacting businesses for sponsorships and corporate donations. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience regarding event logistics. The successful candidate will have some volunteering experience and be ready to assist with volunteer recruitment, onboarding, and volunteer evaluation.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of major and niche social platforms and be passionate about content creation. The successful candidate will possess exceptional writing skills to assist with in the creation of a social media content plan for the fall campaign.
Essential Job Functions
Actively participate and support signature events, third party and awareness events, assist in planning workplace and community campaigns and events by:
- Calling individual donors, industries, and other agencies to thank them for their contribution and update our database.
- Participating with UWC SDG staff, Board Members, and volunteers in workplace presentations to increase awareness of our payroll deduction program and other awareness campaigns
- Participating with UWC SDG staff, Board members, and volunteers in other fundraising activities, either belonging to the UWC SDG, events being held by our partnering agencies, or any other third party even that will benefit the UWC SDG.
- Assisting in organizing volunteer schedules around the larger fundraising events and creating a volunteer database.
- Preparing the workplace campaign landing page and printed kits and assisting (when possible) with the distribution of the kits.
- Collaborating in any grant writing processes that may occur during your time with the UWC SDG.
- Assisting the UWC SDG Campaign Coordinator with content creation and building a robust content calendar for fall campaign.
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of the 2022 Campaign Launch event
- Some college or University
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Motivated, passionate, confident and able to work both independently and in a team
- Proficienecy with Microsoft office and applications
- Proficiency with online media applications such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok
- Ability to connect with people
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Comfortable presenting in front of various sizes of groups
- Creative and outgoing
- Bilingual (asset)
- Participate in team meetings and ensure a clear vision of priorities and needs for the assigned tasks
- Collaborate to develop and/or modify policies and procedures related to fundraising and volunteers.
- Support fellow staff members on projects.
- Any other tasks required by the Executive Director.
- Office environment – extended lengths of time sitting at a desk using a computer and phone
- Some travel required to attend special events and functions
- Overtime, weekends, and evenings on some occasions
- Flexible schedule to compensate for increased workload on some days
- Must possess your own laptop that could be utilized for work
Technology & Equipment
- Computer –proficiency in programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, PowerPoint
- Computer – Experience with design software such as Canva
Hours of Work/Renumeration
- 30 hours/week for 8 weeks at $15/h (incl 4% vacation)
- Motivated to learn more about the Charitable sector in this region and advocate for the social well-being of the residents of SDGC&A
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Consistently represent the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to work remotely when necessary
How to apply
- Applications must be sent by email to email@example.com.
- They must include a cover letter and detailed CV.
- Applications must be received no later than 1PM May 25th, 2022. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.|
NOTE: The UWC SDG is committed to providing equality and fairness to all employees an to eliminate discrimination in the workplace.