Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find information about services offered in our area?

211 Information and Referral Service

This national service connects people to community, social, health and government services through multilingual, confidential, mediated information and referral services. 211 helps to navigate the complex network of human services quickly and easily, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 100 languages.

Simply dial 211 or type in for more information.

Where can I find help through credit counselling?

K3C Credit Counselling

K3C Credit Counselling is a community based non-profit credit counselling service providing qualified, confidential financial advice. K3C Credit Counselling Services is available to Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry residents by calling 1-800-379-5556 or email:

How can I apply for the Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)?

If you are a customer of an electricity utility and in a lower-income home, you may qualify for a reduction on your electricity bill. The OESP will reduce the cost of your household electricity by applying a monthly credit directly to your bill. The credit amount will depend on how many people live in your home and your combined household income.

How to apply:

  • Online:
  • In person: call 613-932-2051 to make an appointment for assistance in applying (Information needed: Copy of electricity bill, Social Insurance Number, Date of Birth)

How can I apply for assistance with my electricity or gas bill?

Low-income customers may be eligible for up to $500 in emergency assistance for your electricity or natural gas bills. Contact the following for more information or to inquire about applying for LEAP assistance:

  • Cornwall Electric: 613-932-2051
  • Rideau St. Lawrence: 613-932-2051
  • Hydro One: 1-855-487-5327
  • Union Gas: 1-855-487-5327

You can change lives today!

A simple donation can change the lives of people in your community, TODAY!