3rd Annual Tampon Tuesday Product Drive in Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Cornwall and Akwesasne
We’re bringing back Tampon Tuesday to our region! Starting March 1, this four-week campaign’s goal is to collect menstrual hygiene product donations to help those in need. Period.
Tampon Tuesday, a grassroots campaign about dignity, aims to highlight the struggles and stigmas around period poverty. In 2019, research conducted by Plan Canada found that 34% of women in Canada had occasionally or often made budgetary sacrifices to afford menstrual products. With the increased cost of living over the past few years, we project that this number is higher in our community. That’s why we want to work together to end the stigma around period poverty in SDGCA by collecting donations to ensure that anyone who needs these necessary products has access to them. No one should have to choose between food, utilities, rent or menstrual products.
In 2022, we ran our second Tampon Tuesday product drive in this region, and this community blew us away by showing up to support. We received an impressive 1000 product donations and $3000 in cash. Donated products were distributed to 15 organizations across our large region. Can we do it again?
The community impact of the 2022 Tampon Tuesday product drive
Support the 2023 Tampon Tuesday Campaign
Donations will be collected from March 1 – 28, 2023 throughout Cornwall and SDG, and we will be hosting our second annual Stuff the Bus courtesy of Cornwall Transit with menstrual hygiene products on March 28 at Shoppers Drug Mart (Brookdale)!
1. Drop off donations at one of the collection sites listed below. If you would like a donation box in your business, please email email@example.com.
United Way Centraide SDG – 55 Water St. W, Suite 240, Cornwall, ON
Red Ribbon Accounting – 2107A Second Street W, Cornwall ON
Poptronic Rentals & Tech Studios – 167 Pitt Street, Cornwall ON
Centre 105 – 105 Second Street W, Cornwall ON
Sandfield Place – 220 Emma Ave, Cornwall ON
Agape Centre – 40 Fifth Street W, Cornwall ON
Centre de Santé Communautaire de l’Estrie – 841 Sydney Street, Unit 6, Cornwall ON;
Benson Centre – 800 Seventh Street W, Cornwall ON
Cornwall City Hall – 360 Pitt Street, Cornwall On
Cornwall Aquatic Centre – 100 Water Street E, Cornwall ON
SASS for Women – 125 Amelia St, Cornwall, ON
Starbucks Cornwall – 1238 Brookdale Ave, Cornwall, ON
Hollywood Day Spa Inc. – 367 11th St E, Cornwall, ON
Morrisburg Chiropractic – 85 Main Street, Morrisburg ON
South Dundas Municipal Centre – 34 Ottawa St, Morrisburg, ON
Centre de Santé Communautaire de l’Estrie – 1 Nation Street, Crysler, ON
Centre de Santé Communautaire de l’Estrie – 5 Main Street S, Alexandria, ON.
Township of North Glengarry – County Road 34, Alexandria, ON
2. Donate online: Send us products in the mail via our Amazon Wish List or send a cash donation for us to purchase menstrual products on your behalf!
3. Help us Stuff a Cornwall Transit Bus on March 28: We’re doing it again! Help us fill a city bus with menstrual product donations on Tuesday, March 28 at Shoppers Drug Mart on Brookdale! We’ll be there from 8am – 4pm!
4. Run a workplace campaign. If you are interested in running a campaign in your office, let us know so we can share it!
Thank you to these offices for running Tampon Tuesday Campaigns with their colleagues!
- City of Cornwall
- Cornwall Electric
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit
- Everything Local Marketplace
- St. Josephs Continuing Care Centre
- Job Zone d’emploi
- Walmart Logistics
5. Volunteer! We are looking for volunteers to help us at Stuff the Bus on March 28 and for help counting, sorting and distributing the donated products across Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Cornwall, and Akwesasne on March 29.
About Tampon Tuesday
Started in London, Ontario, Tampon Tuesday is a grassroots movement about dignity. It started in 2009 to address the increasing need for menstrual hygiene products and continues to grow as an opportunity to collect these products for people experiencing period poverty.