The United Way/Centraide of Stormont Dundas and Glengarry invests in programs that have a wide range of impact. These programs support thousands of local residents, helping them when they need it most. In 2018 over 10,255 local residents found support through United Way/Centraide S.D&G programs and services.
All funding is distributed to programs and services that fit within the United Way’s three Community Impact Areas:
Helping Kids Be All That They Can Be
- Improving access to early childhood learning and development programs
- Helping kids do well at school and complete high school
- Making the healthy transition into adulthood and post-secondary education
Building Healthy People and Strong Communities
- Improving access to social and health-related support services
- Supporting resident and community engagement
- Supporting community integration and settlement
Moving People from Poverty to Possibility
- Improving access to social and health related support services and support community integration
- Helping individuals meet basic human needs (Ex. Food, shelter, jobs)
Dates to Remember:
January 8th, 2019: Funding application process opens
March 8, 2019: Deadline for agencies and not for profits to submit their applications
March to April 2019: Assessment process (the allocation committee reviews the applications. If your agency/non-profit qualifies you might be invited for an interview)
May 2019: Notify applicants of funding outcome
Please note that only Canada Revenue Agency recognized charities working in the social services field throughout the counties of: Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry and Akwesasne will be considered for funding. Funds must be requested for specific programs or services. If you are requesting funds for multiple programs, you will need to submit a separate application for each.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Stephanie Lalonde – Campaign & Communication Coordinator at email@example.com or at 613-932-2051
TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS -Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2019 Community Investment Fund Application Form is included below.